Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

BACK ON THE GRID

I headed out of kelowna on July 14th.
First stop was to see Brian and Roxie in Calgary.
I really like their Portuguese Water Dog "Haily"
So does Daisy.


Their little grandson is only 2 but can drive his tractor like a champ.


So Roxie is a Green Egg Master Chef.


Another Masterpiece.


So first stop in Winnipeg was to get introduced to my new little Grand Niece.
Such a beauty.


Ruth and I gave her a cute little piano.
It's name brand is "My First Piano"
I hope to hear here perform her first concert in a few years.


Next stop was Malachi.
Daisy loves it here.


Ron insisted on the tomato plant coming up.
Nothing like a fresh salad.


She's a great little boat dog.


I've been coming up here since 1997.
It feels like a second home sometimes.


Nothing nicer than a Malachi sunset.


So this years project is to build a deck on the waterfront.
Instead of building on piles we screwed these posts 
into the ground and anchored onto them.


We started the deck after staring at the build spot for about one hour.
It took that long to figure out where to drill in the posts.
They had to be exactly placed.


Daisy stayed close by the whole time.
She was on guard for the most part .


This was the nicest wood I have ever worked with.
Each board was perfectly straight and no cracks.


Daisy was the Bear Dog this week.
Nothing came close without her barking.


Barb gave me a fishing lesson.
She's good but after the lesson I caught most of the fish.
To be perfectly honest, My knee jerk reaction to having a fish on the line wasn't helping land them.


We'd go fishing first thing in the morning and then work on the deck for most of the day.
Right up until wine time.


Every day was a good fishing day until the last two days.
After the big thunder storms happened we stopped catching them.


Barb and I had a visitor after Ron went to bed one night.
I had to keep Daisy inside but we went out yelling and chased it away.
Barb wanted to bring her bird feeder back inside.


At one point I couldn't find Daisy.
She was hunting the otter that stole our fish guts.


I had to laugh .
She blend's right into the rocks along the shoreline.


So the deck is done and we all love how it looks.


A new place to sit for docktails.


Master Deck Builders.


We were enjoying the sunset when we saw an old couple paddling their fishing boat way out there.


Being the kind soul that he is , Ron drove out there to save them.
They sure did appreciate the tow.


So that evening Peggy and Clay came over for dinner and a game of Farkel.
We laughed way too much.


I made a nice pie which I love doing.


Sunday morning I headed out to Clearwater Bay to see Bruce and Heather as well as
my American connections Wayne and Sue , Mark and Julie.
Daisy thinks she's flying when I pick her up in her life jacket.


1 comment: