Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

WE'VE MOVED

This is the view from our old hotel room.
It was a nice place .We'd come back here.


BUT , we have a new place to go to.
Here's Ruth packing up what she brought.


Here's my bag with all my stuff. 
Packed and ready to go.
Fortunately the hotel is taking all of our bags to the new place.
All we have to do is leave all of our bags near the door and show up at the new place.


In the meantime we took the water taxi over to Las Gatas.
Nice ride over for 100 pesos .


The water was warm , calm and beautiful.


We ended up at Mangos bar on the beach.
Our waiter was wonderful. We met him walking down the beach when we first arrived.
He spoke good english and said he had a couple of lounges on the beach under a tree for us.
We believed him and were very happy with how we were treated.


That night we went to Jungle Pizza in Las Ropa for dinner.


Great pizza , unbelievable Mango Margaritas all at a good price.


 We returned to our new apartment after dinner.
All our bags were moved in and the apartment all set up for us.
I love Mexico.
The people here are all so kind and honest.
Tuesday morning we all jumped into the smallest Combe I have had to be in so far.


This is my view more often than not.
I'm going to learn some Spanish before I come back.
I'm tired of having to rely on others leading the way.


We had to take two Combe's to get to this street festival in Bara Petusi.


This was interesting.
They had this huge fish on display made from junk found in the ocean.




Everywhere we have been we seem to meet locals who are very conscious of our mother earth.
Now if only we could get more Canadians and Americans on the same page.
Maybe we'd see more improvements happening.


Walking down the beach after the street fair Tony came out and encouraged us to hang out at his bad for the afternoon.
It was a good choice. He's a nice guy.


This made me laugh.
I'm watching this dog walk along the beach by our table when he just flops down.
Siesta time. About 30 minutes later he's up and walking again.


I wasn't really impressed with Tony's washroom.
It's at the back of the bar.
Funny story. I go in to change from my bathing suit back to my shorts.
Bathing suit off, standing on one leg with one leg about to slip into the shorts. 
I loose my balance a little and go to lean on the door.
OOPS.
I was sure I had closed it all the way. HAHAHA
Glad no one knows me here.


Ive been meaning to take a picture of this for a while.
The walkway along the canal is about 6 feet above the main road to Las Ropa but 
there is no fencing. AND the sidewalk is right on the edge. 


You don't see glass coke bottles anymore.
I think it tastes better in glass.


We're walking a lot here. It's above 10,000 steps every day.
And my knee is pain free.



No comments:

Post a Comment