Thursday was Chris's birthday and Friday was mine. Sharon and Chris live at Camp Imadine in a wonderful lakeside setting. Chris is Director of Marketing and use to be property manager. He has physically built this camp into one of the most beautiful spots on the island. This is the view of the property from on top of their mountain. The camp owns the lake and the mountain from one end to the other. I feel it was because of Chris that they got it.
Sharon was running a woman's retreat this weekend. For all these women she had organized sessions for Falconry , Rifle shooting , caving , repelling off a mountain , trailer handling and more. All the women I talked to were having a great time. Check out the video she made up showing this weekend.
During the Friday evening dinner she started to introduce the staff and also introduced me. I was a little nervous because she was telling me the day before she was going give me a spandex outfit for me to wear for the weekend . At the time I said I would be proud to but during dinner I was scared. Turns out she had me up to the front just to blow out a cake. Ha Ha.
It was a real nice cookie that the camp gals had made for me.
You sure can tell that we are Father / Daughter.
Ruth and I had a real nice walk down by the lake Friday night.
Carries best friend Miann came with us for the weekend as well. We love her like a third daughter. Miann lived with us for quite a while in her youth and was married at our home two years ago. Now Jack has really taken to her as well. The three of them took lots of rides around the camp on the ATV.
Sharon came and got me Saturday night around 11:00 to help get the boat out if the water. It was raining very heavily , cold and dark. Such fun . She is so competent. I was glad she came for me . She could have done it by herself but I liked being with her. The whole weekend was great.
I love my grand kids. We laughed lots this weekend. Isaac ate so much candy on Friday night he was sick on Saturday afternoon and slept most of the day. I have never seen 18 hour old undigested candy before. I wish I had taken a picture of the mess. I felt sorry for him. Just before bed I managed to get both boys up for a bath. They threw bubbles into my mouth and thought that was great.
I finally got pictures of the boys relaxing . They look like the other grandparents.This is Isaac.
It was a great birthday weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment