Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

The pool repair is started

I was thrilled to see the pool when I got home. We had a leak in  it for the last few years but last year it really started to give us grief. It was losing 1.5 inches a day which works out to around 1200 gallons a day. That is a lot of water. We had 3 pool companies out to try to find the leaks with no luck. I figured out the problem myself late last fall but I didn't know how to fix it. There are 3 cracks that we originally thought didn't leak but they did. Interesting fix. This pool expert stitched the cracks together and then epoxied nipples over the crack every 10 inches and  under pressure injected a binding agent into the cement wall. Then he lay a coat of epoxy over top to even out the repair. After the 3 coats of two part epoxy paint is sprayed onto the pool surface we won't be able to see where it was cracked and it is supposed to be as strong as new.


There was a small crack by the light and two cracks on the sides.


The line from the skimmer going to the pump also was leaking. There is no way for easy access to the skimmer to replace the line so he had to dig a 5 foot hole down and then burrow under the cement deck for 8 feet to reach the skimmer. He is doing a great job. There is no way I would have done this on my own. The skimmer is encased in cement and he has had to chip it all away to attach a new line.


It was a beautiful day for a walk. Nice to be home and walk along the lake.


Ruth took Jack swimming this morning while I worked out in the gym upstairs. I'm going to make that a morning ritual. I sure felt good after.


Jack looks pretty cool in his new jacket and shades.


Jack is staying with us for the next couple of days while his Mom is taking a coarse in Vancouver for her Coast Guard certificate. His dad is working evenings this week so it is hard for him to work and be home in time to put Jack to bed. We love when the timing is like this. Jack is fun to have around. You sure can tell that these two are related.

No comments:

Post a Comment